Friday, March 31, 2017

92 days, 6 hours, 31 minutes, 24 seconds

There is a countdown on my phone and yesterday I finally got a look at it.....and it told me that I have 92 days, 6 hours, 31 minutes, 24 seconds left to go until......... I retire.

When I started the countdown I remember it said something like 136 days, etc. and I said well, that's a long way off.  But now there is only about 3 months left.  I have been reading blogs on retirement and trying to find out how other feel because I am not sure how I feel.  Oh, I do know I want to retire but then what.



How will it feel not getting up at 5:15 am (hitting the snooze button for 1/2 hour) - getting dressed, have a cup of coffee and out the door.  My schedule involves picking up 2 grandkids along the way and stopping at Dunkin Donuts.  After I drop them off at school - I finally arrive at work (also a school) and the day begins.

How am I not going to do that?  First thing of course will be shutting off that dam alarm, so I guess it will be easier not getting up that early.  Then  I will leisurely get dressed and go downstairs for my first cup of coffee.  I might even have it out on the patio if the weather permits.  Of course I will have my Kindle with me as I can now read during the day - instead of squeezing it in at night before bed.  

I will go shopping at 9 am when the stores are not crowded.  I will have lunch with friends who are retired already.  Of course, I still have my Avon business so I will expand that - but because I want to do it, not that I have to.  I might take a class or two at the local community college.  Then there is joining the community center - I am lucky to have one in my neighborhood and one in the next neighborhood only 10 minutes away.

I can pick up and go anywhere - living near Atlantic City I can take the two hour drive and sit on the beach or gamble the day away.  And if I dont want to return home - I can stay there overnight - or for as long as I want.

As a lover of reading books I have always wanted to go to a book signing - but they are always at noon or 1 pm on a week day - yay, I can finally go to them.  I guess what I am saying is I CAN DO WHATEVER I PLEASE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this