Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Review: Amber Alert

Amber Alert Amber Alert by Dan Lawton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a must-read book. Everyone knows what an amber alert is. A child has been abducted. This is what happens to Chloe Janis. Figuring this book to be one that tells of the how, where and why of this abduction I was really surprised at the underlying reasons (going back 17 years) for this abduction. I was surprised it wasn't some deranged person who liked little girls. Chloe was never abused, in fact she was kept in a beautiful bedroom, lots of toys and even got a puppy from her abductors. This in itself was different.

So it pushed me to find out more on this story - an amazing one of deceit, a lot of secrets and the amazing past of Abby Janis - Chloe's mother. To say more would give away this great story. Really enjoyed reading this one!

View all my reviews

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an intriguing book. Is it fiction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Brenda it is fiction. I was asked by the author to read and review it. I get a lot of request like that - but have so little time to do it. But this was looked interesting and it is written about the parent's part in the abduction so it does not go into little Chloe's part as much. I found it so different from the usual books about children abduction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was fiction, but wasn't sure. I've read a few nonfiction ones recently, but they were from the victim's view. It would be interesting from the parent's view. It can take a lot of time for book reviews, especially if you don't have lots of free time to read!

      Delete
    2. I love to read and usually do more before I go to bed, it relaxes me...I belong to goodreads.com where I find lots of good books.

      Delete

Share this