Saturday, January 7, 2017

Baby, it's cold outside

Every Saturday it is our ritual to get up and out early in the morning.  We stop for lotto tickets, then Dunkin Donuts coffee, then to the bakery for our favorite whole wheat roll - then we are off to the nail salon.  Today hubby got a manicure and I got a pedicure.  And as we were parking the car, the was snowing...no biggy, We have 4 wheel drive and they predicted only 1-3 inches.

Well by the time we got out of the salon, there was already 2 inches down, and icy.  Even with 4WD I slid through a red light on a main avenue.  So I stuck to the side streets which had more snow and there was better traction.



Our next stop was the pharmacy to pick up some meds.....and then on to the supermarket which was packed, to get some needed food (missed last week to shop)  The two of us dont eat much but with 9 grandkids...well lots of food is consumed.

Today is one of those days where I completely understand why people our age move to Florida....so I guess we will be in all weekend - reading and relaxing for me.  Hubby loves his TV....We are currently up to 2.8 inches with the forecast for 3-5 inches.  And with 19 degrees outside - its going to ice up.  Think I will have another cup of coffee and work on my Avon (online of course)....nice day to order online.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is a lot of snow and very cold! It's 73 here in S. CA. It's supposed to be raining and 10 degrees cooler tomorrow though, when we all head back to school. I hope you're staying warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol today it went up to 45 and tomorrow it will be on the 50s. No wonder people are sick can't stay one temperature

      Delete

Share this