Thursday, November 17, 2016

Review: The Things We Wish Were True

The Things We Wish Were True The Things We Wish Were True by Marybeth Mayhew Whalen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book started off slow and I thought I would never get through it. But with one instant of a tragedy and how a town came together and changed the neighborhood - I was hooked. Sycamore Glen had its share of secrets and one summer with the tragedy of a little boy (Cutter) almost drowning in a pool - the story takes us through each family and their reaction to the incident. From Zell and John - the elderly couple who do not hesitate to help anyone; to Jencey and Lance and their families; to Bryte and Everett and their secret....well, you get the picture. You get involved in their lives and feel their joy and pain....a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this