Monday, October 24, 2016

Small Great Things

Small Great Things Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, I keep forgetting how Picoult writes such powerful, thought provoking books. Here is another example of one of her finest works. A subject (racism) that we all can do with a little awakening. Ruth is a labor and delivery nurse with 20 years experience - who is reassigned to another patient because the parents, who are white supremist, do not want her (an African-American) touching their baby. But when the baby goes into cardiac arrest, Ruth has a choice to save the baby or listen to her superiors since she is the only one in the nursery. Her decision lands her in court charged with a serious crime. Her lawyer, Kennedy, moves her through a trial that is gut wrenching to say the least.

Just when I thought I knew the outcome - a turn of events leads me down another road. Up to the very end I was amazed at not only the story but also the eye opening education contained in this book. Every book is a story - but very few books make you think about the content long after you finish it!

Bravo Ms Picoult on an amazing book....

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this