Sunday, September 18, 2016

Interesting fact about Mascara...

As an Avon Rep I feel it is my job to do research about some of the products I sell. I try to learn as much as I can so that I can pass the information on to my customers.
So I looked into Mascara today. I love it, I wear it - but did you know that mascara expires in three months? That means you will have to purchase a new one in twelve weeks...when was the last time you changed your mascara. You will have to purchase at least 4 mascaras a year.
Not that bad but have you seen the price of mascaras? Which one do you use? I tried searching for mascaras and well, there are so many out there. So I picked out a few you might know and researched their prices.....like Lancome at $27.50 - or IT cosmetics at $29.00 - or Mary Kay at $18.00 - if that is pricey you can try Cover Girl at $11.69.
OR you can buy Avon - Wide Awake Mascara for only $5.99 that instantly lifts lashes for a wide-awake look and locks in curl for hours.
wide-awake
This is a sale price but even it goes back to regular price it will still be affordable at $8.00.....buying 4 of Avon mascaras is still cheaper than one Lancome mascara.......and if you are not satisfied with it - return it within 60 days with your money back guaranteed.......can you do that with other mascaras?????
Or better yet - can you pass on the offer of BUY ONE AND GET ONE FREE?
bogo

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know mascara only lasted 3 months. I better pay attention to how long it takes me to go through one. Thanks for passing along this info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have a list from Avon that gives the expiration of various makeup items....Products like lipsticks last 2 years (most people use it up before then anyway) but I would think anything close to your eyes can pick up more bacteria so better safe than sorry.

      Delete

Share this