Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Bad Girl

The Bad Girl The Bad Girl by L. Donsky-Levine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I was sent this book by the author to give an honest review, I wasn't sure I would like it. It didn't seem like my type of book. Especially when I received a note from the author saying "Just as a footnote, the book is a gritty and realistic snapshot of life; which means profanity and a small smattering of some graphic imagery are necessary in order to stay in that lane. I just wanted to give you that heads up before you dive in."

I am far from a prude, (and I live in NY - seen it all) so I went ahead and read it....actually I dove into it...If it wasn't for my other responsibilities I would have finished in a day. Riley's life is one that is all too common in this day and age. No parents to take care of her, she lives on the streets, barely getting by and doing whatever she has to in order to survive. (Gritty comes in here) But after she gets kicked out of her apartment and becomes sick, she is befriended by an old man who turns her life around.

I would have given it 5 stars except the ending threw me - it came as a surprise and at the same time it left me hanging....or is there a sequel to this book....what happened to Riley after that powerful ending? A quick and thought provoking read....

View all my reviews   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this