Tuesday, February 9, 2016

In the blink of an eye

Anything can happen.  Walking along the street one day and a second later you fall.  What you plan for the day can change in the blink of an eye.  How fast does it take to be doing something one time and a minute later something happens to change it all.



It is called life...man makes plans and G-d laughs.  Because we dont know what will happen when we get up in the morning and start our day.  Planning to go to work...but do you get there?  And that is just the way it is.....you get married and make plans on what your life will be like.  Buy a house? Have children? Travel a lot?

I made plans to marry and have children - lots of them...at least 6.  Well, hubby wanted 4...so we compromised and had 5....four boys and a girl.  Five of them in seven years.  That was 41 years ago. In the blink of an eye....my family grew and had a family of their own.  I now have 9 grandchildren...
and I often wonder where did the years go?  I am blessed and yet I wish I could slow down the clock and make things go slower.  I cringe when someone says they wish it was Friday (on a Monday) - that is a whole week of your life gone.  I often wonder if only people my age think this way....the younger generation doesnt measure everything in time...just what they have to do from one thing to another.....always moving ahead.

So enjoy each day and every minute of it....because all it takes is the blink of an eye.







2 comments:

  1. that is so true. I'm just sitting here cuddling my grandson and thinking he is getting to big for my lap (he's 7) but I just pull him back in and cuddle some more. :)
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often think the same thing. Anything can happen in the blink of an eye. I often think of how fast the years have gone by since I've been married (32 years this May).

    ReplyDelete

Share this