Saturday, January 30, 2016

Made the switch

For the past 6 years or so I have been a seller on Etsy.  I have made bracelets, necklaces, earrings and pins for all those years and have an extensive collection of handmade items.  But alas I was not getting rich from all my effort.....or maybe I didnt put that much into it....I am still working full time and have 9 grandchildren to love.

Life is busy and I am getting older.  The hands are not what they used to be.  The little links and tiny beads are causing pain to my hands.  I love my part time job and got excited whenever someone bought items off my Etsy Shop.....which right now is in limbo land.  I was going to sell off all my beads but just havent had the time to do the photography and posting on my store....So it will stay in limbo land until I can get to it.


And so that is why I have gotten into another business...one of makeup and beauty, of clothes, jewelry and even household items...Selling Avon is not any different from selling jewelry.  Except it is easier on the fingers and more interactive with people.  And I make much more of a profit.  Besides face to face customers I also have Direct Delivery customers who order online and get their goods mailed directly to their home.

While Avon affords me the luxury of getting out and meeting new people...my Etsy shop enabled me to just pack up my goods and ship them out to the customers.  I think I like Avon better because of meeting new people and holding discussions with them and helping them pick out colors that best suit them.  Now to figure out how to get rid of some of my beads....

@www.youravon.com/ashapiro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this