Wednesday, October 12, 2011

wAITING.......or rUSHING

Don't you think the hardest part of a day is the one where you are waiting.....it seems we are always waiting....wait on line in the stores, banks, schools, on the highways, just everywhere.  I wonder how much of our lives is spent this way.  When can we just relax more and stop the waiting.  People in other countries actually have siesta time....I think we all should.

I remember back when one of my sons was in 1st grade and he came home crying...took me two days to find out the reason.....unlike kindergarten, first grade did not have nap time...and he missed it.....We spend our days running, rushing and waiting.....

We really must learn to slow down.....and use our time wisely.....I first learned this on our cruise we recently took......it was amazing that we could get up when we wanted to, eat when we wanted to and either do nothing or do everything...no waiting....no responsibilities, - wouldnt life be fine if this was the norm not the exception.


But alas, we live in a world that is always in a rush....things must be done "yesterday" whether we have to work on it or wait for it......but I still wish we had "Siesta Time"......

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from Grilled Grandma's. I miss nap time too.

    ReplyDelete

Share this