Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sleepovers.....

Are you a grandma with lots of sleepovers?  How do you manage?  We are always getting the grandkids anywhere from 1 hour to 1 day....once we had them for 3 days straight.....I love sleepovers....they get spoiled constantly and the love it....they get to sleep any where, wear anything, stay up late, watch tv, have popcorn......

And then I am completely exhausted.....as much as I love having them...I keep forgetting how old I am (guess they do keep me young) and how much I need my rest.  Although I am still working, I do find time to relax, read, and even go to sleep early if I want...It's my reward for raising five children...when I never got enough sleep and was going from sun up to sun down....Now I can do it. 


So every so often we have one sleep over and although we have lots of fun, and I make pancakes for dinner.....I find myself totally exhausted and wondering how I raised five....oh, wait a minute....I know,  I was 30 years younger.....

Do you have sleepovers?  How do you fair afterwards?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this