Monday, September 26, 2011

September 26 is … National Good Neighbor Day and National Pancake Day

I should have posted this early in the morning so we all could have gone out for pancakes with our neighbors....but today was a busy day and I am surprised I even got to post today.  Of course it is late tonight but maybe we can go out for breakfast in the morning....or at least make pancakes at home.....

Who has pancakes for breakfast anymore?  I know hubby makes them for my grandson every morning when he comes here before going to school...but of course it is the frozen type or sometimes its waffles....how did we ever do it before frozen food...

I remember my mom being thrilled that food came in cans...so you want soup...open up a can of Campbells.....but I hated it and used to go to grandmas for her home made soup.  So it was without doubt that when I started my family, it was only homemade soup for me......

Now that everyone is grown, the only time I make homemade soup is during the holidays....or when I really get ambitious or during the cold weather.......and then I put it into containers to have for several days because I never learned to cook for two people......so tomorrow the chicken goes into the big pot and will be ready for my holidays on Wednesday night.....


There is nothing like homemade and even pancakes dont taste that good unless they are made from scratch.....but when you are in a rush.....frozen will do.......What do you make homemade that you would never buy frozen?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bubbe, I buy the Complete Pancake Mix, just add water. It's pretty good, and super easy, and handy even if you don't have eaggs you can make them, I use either Aunt Jemima, or the store brand, and sometimes throw(sprinkle) on some frozen blueberries before flipping. I would never buy frozen waffles, which I make from the same mix, adding just a little veg. oil. Nor would I ever buy frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, which is just plain silly to me!

    ReplyDelete

Share this