Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How I survived without technology

This post was run the day I left for Bermuda............One Week Without Technology and I proceeded to my Bermuda cruise deciding I can do without a computer and my cell phone (which happens to be the IPhone...so along with calls there is email, texts and alerts).

The first day of the cruise I must say I reverted back and forth to my cell phone and then after we left NY and I knew I would be charged 75 cents per text and 2.49 per minute to call.....I shut it off.....

 

I did leave emergency numbers for all.....and the proceeded to enjoy 7 days without the phone or computer.....and I survived.......I did visit the internet cafe to see what it was all about, and lo and behold there were two teenagers there.....the rest of the tables were empty....you see the ship charges you to use them.....


I did see alot of people on their cells and one woman I asked about cost....and she said she didnt care.....but you know, it was actually nice not having to be interrupted by those cells, quiet, the world continued without me.....and while I must admit I did miss my computer.....all my 400 emails were here for me when I got home............so if I can do, so can anyone.......

2 comments:

  1. i am impressed....good for you. I bet it was nice to just be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing...no thoughts of everyday life...bills, appointments, work, chores....of course, I am back to reality now...but still have the memories...

    ReplyDelete

Share this