Monday, August 29, 2011

After Irene......

So we survived her and with minimal damage.....a little water here and there, no electricity for 10 hours, lots of twigs and leaves on the block.........but everyone is well and this too shall pass....it could have been worst and many other people are still experiencing the aftermath...we here in this part of Brooklyn did fine....

There was a huge puddle on the corner of my block....but that is where it stayed......hubby complained there was no cable....so to calm him down....we went over to daughter's house with grandkids and son and his family showed up and we were all happy...esp hubby who had cable back.......of course we stopped at Dunkin Donuts first because I hadnt had any coffee yet...



Me, I was content to read by flashlight....or actuallly I have a little battery run book light that I use at night.....and this was good for me.....so now it is time to get back to normal....hope all of your were safe, dry and happy....have a good day....

2 comments:

  1. glad to here you're ok. whatever did you do without internet? lol
    Debbi
    -ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasnt as hard as I thought except the emails got out of control when I finally got back on....my iphone worked so I was able to check certain things out, but typing on it is not easy.....My recent cruise I cut myself off the phone and internet for a week, and found I did survive...but then again that was Bermuda on board a luxury ship...I spent some of the day with the grandkids, so it wasnt so bad. There were others who didnt fair so well, so I think I was lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Share this