Saturday, September 11, 2010

Today..............

Today....


I awoke, got on the scale, and gained a pound...I proceeded through the day annoyed at myself and asking why.....then I remembered what today was. September 11th where people lost loved ones and I said - "so I gained a pound"....how insignificant compared to what happened 9 years ago. I was there, frantic for two hours until I heard from my hubby (who worked near the WTC) and two of my children who worked uptown......



Today, I put things in perspective, whats important and whats not.



Today, I will change the things I can.



Today, I will accept the things I cannot change.



Today, I ordered the Wii Fit...and will begin seriously exercising.....and will awake everyday thankful for what I have - a wonderful husband, great children and great grandchildren, my health, a good job, great friends........because life is short and....."You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut."

— Dr. Seuss (I Can Read with My Eyes Shut)



1 comment:

  1. I love your quote... "You'll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut".

    Lovely blog!! Thanks for stopping by my blog hop. Have a great week!
    http://pinkdandychatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share this