Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Good Morning

I am sitting here waiting for the coffee to brew, my hubby is out for his morning walk and I am thinking....no children.  As a mother of 5, a father in law who lived with us and a dog..my house was always hectic. My kids' friends were always in my house.  I dreamed of the day I would have peace and quiet.  Well, the children have grown, both FIL and dog have gone to heaven.  But no quiet came because I have 6 wonderful grandsons who are always in and out of my house.   Places to go, things to do.

BUT today two grandsons went to Florida to visit their other grandparents; two went to Disney with their parents; and the other two are with their mother running around somewhere while daddy is on a business trip.   IT IS TOO QUIET HERE!  My goodness, it is so quiet and I hate it. 

....................................Oh, that was a phone call.  We are getting a grandson tomorrow who we will take to the ballgame and he is sleeping over......Hooray...enough of that quiet stuff.....Life is good, when you are around family and noise....

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I am a new follower from Welcome Wednesday, so glad to have found your blog. Hope you have a wonderful evening!

    Eloise
    Mommy2TwoGirls
    http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by...have fun and enjoy life....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally made it from Welcome Wednesday and am glad that I did. I've connected through the Google Friend Connect so I'll see your new posts in my daily reader. I just love this new way of reading every morning! Beats the bad news of the newspapers. But I do miss some of the things we leave behind as we age. Children, noise, activity . . . anyway . . .

    Drop in to my blog when you can. Follow if it intrigues, uplifts or otherwise pleases you. I write about wives encouraging, appreciating and respecting their husbands. I know - it's an old fashioned idea but it could use a modern restoration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sharon and welcome...love your attitude and am on my way over to your blog....and I love old fashion....ahh the days of yesteryear....

    ReplyDelete

Share this